Join us as we make the ultimate Middle Eastern comfort food, Kushari: Egypt's national dish!
Kushari consists of very cheap ingredients that pack a flavorful punch: pasta, rice, chickpeas, lentils, crispy onions, all drenched in a spicy tomato sauce. This dish dates back to the 19th century when Egypt was experiencing a wave of multicultural influence to the extent where kitchens were full of new foods such as pasta. At the end of the week, Egyptians would just throw all the leftover food together into a huge dish that became known as Kushari. Nowadays, it is Egypt's most popular street food.
Level: Easy. Vegan. No Dairy or Nuts.
How to Purchase:
You can book a class up to 4 hours before it begins. However, we recommend you book earlier so you have enough time to shop for ingredients. Time slots close 4 hours before class begins.
- and join a class with members of your household OR
- Invite friends outside of your household & in different locations to join you.
*A device is a phone, tablet, laptop, or computer used in different locations
You can also book a 1:1 Private Cooking Lessons.
- Without pantry items: $10-$15
- With pantry items: $15-$20
- Yellow Onions
- Tomato Sauce
- White rice
- Brown Lentils
- Elbow Pasta
- Coriander Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- White Vinegar
- Vegetable Oil
- Chopping Knives
- Cutting Board
- Stirring Spoons or Utensils
- Medium Bowl
- Large Bowl
- Large skillet
- Small Pot or Saucepan
- Medium Pot or Saucepan
- Large Pot
- Grater or Food Processor
- Large Serving Platter
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Can Opener
What is included in the tour
- Live video lesson with an Arab-American cook
- Shared cooking class: others will be joining us
- Recording of our live class
- Food history and culture lesson
- Ingredients list and substitutions
- Eating together family style
What is NOT included in the tour
- Ingredients not included
- Kitchen equipment not included