Join us as we make the Middle Eastern version of Baklava, known as Baklawa in Arabic!
There are various versions of Baklava throughout the Mediterranean, Europe, and Mid East. All Baklavas are made similarly, but Arab Baklawa is soaked in a floral honey-rose water syrup called Attar. Pistachios are the most popular way to make Baklawa, but here at Mid East Eats, we prefer a mixture of walnuts and pistachios. For this class, you decide yourself if you would like to use pistachios, walnuts, or a mix of both!
- Baklawa - Middle Eastern baklava soaked in a floral simple syrup.
Level: Moderate. Not too easy, not too hard. Vegetarian. Contains nuts.
How to Purchase:
You can book a class up to 4 hours before it begins. However, we recommend you book earlier so you have enough time to shop for ingredients. Time slots close 4 hours before class begins.
- and join a class with members of your household OR
- Invite friends outside of your household & in different locations to join you.
*A device is a phone, tablet, laptop, or computer used in different locations
You can also book a 1:1 Private Cooking Lessons.
- Depending on location: $25-$35
Dry Ingredients & Spices
- Chopped Walnuts or Pistachios, or both!
- White Sugar
- Rose Water, Orange Blossom Water, or Vanilla Extract.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Phyllo Dough
- Food Processor (Only if you can't find chopped walnuts)
- 9x13 Baking Dish
- Large Bowl
- Pastry Brush
- Stirring Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Microwave Safe Bowl
What is included in the tour
- Live video lesson with an Arab-American cook
- Shared cooking class: others will be joining us
- Recording of our live class
- Food history and culture lesson
- Ingredients list and substitutions
- Eating together family style
What is NOT included in the tour
- Ingredients not included
- Kitchen equipment not included